Demonstrating Transparency and Accountability
Find details on Access to Information requests below.
The Access to Information Act, guided by the principles that government information should be available to the public, subject to certain specific and limited exceptions, provides individuals and organizations with a right of access to information in records under the control of government institutions.
The Privacy Act helps to ensure that the right to individual privacy is respected by government institutions by limiting the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. It further gives individuals the right to access the personal information about themselves held by these institutions.
Requests under the Access to Information Act are initiated through either an Access to Information Request Form, available from the Treasury Board of Canada's website, or by submitting a clearly written request in the form of a letter explaining what records are being requested, accompanied by a $5.00 cheque or money order made payable to Marine Atlantic Inc. to cover the application fee.
Requests under the Privacy Act must be submitted in writing using the Personal Information Request Form, available from the Treasury Board of Canada's website, or by submitting a clearly written request in the form of a letter. There is no application fee associated with Personal Information Requests.
For additional information related to Access to Information and Privacy and Marine Atlantic Inc., please contact:
Marine Atlantic Inc.
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Baine Johnston Centre
10 Fort William Place, Suite 302
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador
Or email: [email protected]
Summaries of Completed Access to Information Requests
The following link contains summaries of Access to Information requests completed by Marine Atlantic Inc. (requests focusing on personal information and/or third party proprietary information are not included):
Completed Access to Information Requests
Should you wish to informally request a copy of the records released in response to any of these requests, please use the contact information below, and the records will be disclosed in the form that they were released under the Access to Information Act, including format, language(s), and any exemptions or exclusions that were applied at the time of release. Note that in some cases because of the passage of time or changes in circumstances, it may be necessary to review the documents again. In such cases, you will be asked to submit a formal request under the Access to Information Act.
Definitions of Dispositions: These definitions provide a brief explanation for the status of completed requests.
- All disclosed: All the records relevant to the request were disclosed to the applicant (i.e. without the application of exemptions or exclusions).
- Disclosed in part: Only a portion of the information requested was disclosed because the remainder qualified for exemption or exclusion.
- All exempted: No information was disclosed because all of the information requested qualified for exemption.
- All excluded: No information was disclosed because all of the information requested qualified for exclusion under sections 68, 68.1, 68.2, 69 or 69.1 of the Access to Information Act.
- No records exist: The request provided sufficient information to identify the specific information sought but no relevant records were found.