Find information on all commercial shipping options below, including freight, overwide and overlong units, premium bookings, livestock, and more.
All commercial drivers are required to provide Marine Atlantic with a copy of their manifest at check-in.
If you intend to transport seafood, we ask that you:
- Ensure trailer unit doors are closed tightly.
- Ensure trailer unit is properly equipped with a tank to catch any leaking water and spillage during the voyage.
- Check in at the terminal a minimum of two hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Check with the on-duty Assistant Terminal Manager for details pertaining to the draining of any water collection unit.
We offer transport services for everything from envelopes to large pallets. Find our freight service options and procedures below.
Any freight must be both dropped off and picked up at one of our terminals. We do not pick up or deliver freight outside of our terminals. Motorized vehicles (motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc.) are not accepted as freight, and must be shipped on a trailer. Passengers may ship bicycles in bicycle boxes (not provided by Marine Atlantic) to be weighed and shipped as freight.
If you have any questions, or need more information on transporting freight, please call Marine Atlantic Reservations toll-free at 1-800-341-7981.
- The shipper will be required to provide information on the contents of the package, which will be screened by security, assigned a booking number and placed on board.
- We suggest you arrive with additional tape to re-secure your package in the event it is opened for screening purposes.
- Larger packages must be on a pallet and are subject to inspection by the Traffic Director before being assigned a booking number.
- Marine Atlantic does not provide pallets or packing materials.
Overwide and Overlong Units
Overwide units are considered to be any commercial units measuring greater than 9 feet, 6 inches (2.86 metres) wide. Units over 11 feet, 6 inches (3.5 metres) wide are permitted to travel with Marine Atlantic, provided they make a reservation in advance. Overlong units are considered to be any units greater than 90 feet (27.43 metres) in length.
To make an overlong or overwide reservation, please call Marine Atlantic Reservations toll-free at 1-800-341-7981, and we’ll book you on an appropriate crossing.
- Overwide and overlong units must be checked in six hours before scheduled departure time.
- Depending on unit size, sailing dates and times may be limited.
Commercial crossings are accommodated on a first come, first served basis, but in the event you need to ensure your goods have a dedicated space on the vessel, we offer a limited number of premium booking spaces, subject to additional fees, terms and conditions. To book a premium space, please call Marine Atlantic Reservations toll-free at 1-800-341-7981.
Premium Booking Requirements
- Premium Bookings may only be made within 96 hours of sailing time.
- Drop trailers may be booked up to four hours before departure.
- Live trailers may be booked up to three hours before departure.
- Advanced payment in full is required.
- Premium spaces are limited to two spaces per sailing, per company.
- Commercial units containing dangerous goods are not eligible for premium bookings.
- Premium bookings are non-refundable, but can be changed to an earlier sailing if space is available.
- Units will be permitted to enter the loading lot two sailings before their scheduled departure, if space permits.
Livestock are any animals which are not domesticated household pets, including cattle, horse, sheep, swine, goats, mules, poultry, etc. Marine Atlantic considers any passenger-related vehicle, truck, or trailer carrying livestock of any quantity to be a commercial vehicle.
We strongly recommend both passenger and commercial units carrying livestock make an advance reservation , which can be done at no additional charge.
Effective April 1, 2021, all units travelling with animals that include any hay or straw, must travel as dangerous goods. All amounts of hay and straw are regulated under UN 1327, Class 4.1.
- A driver must accompany any unit carrying livestock throughout the journey. They are responsible for the care of the animals and must comply with all applicable regulations.
- Access to potable water can be provided at all our terminals. Please check with terminal staff for further information.
- Special arrangements can be made to allow drivers of livestock units an escorted visit the vehicle deck during the crossing to check on their animals. Please check with a member of our vessel crew once onboard.
- Livestock will not be transported when, at Marine Atlantic’s discretion, there is a possibility that the ship may be delayed in crossing due to weather conditions or other circumstances.
- Livestock are not accepted for transport on the Argentia - North Sydney service.