Find information on all commercial shipping options below, including freight, overwide and overlong units, premium bookings, livestock, and more.
All commercial drivers are required to provide Marine Atlantic with a copy of their manifest at check-in.
If you intend to transport seafood, we ask that you:
- Ensure trailer unit doors are closed tightly.
- Ensure trailer unit is properly equipped with a tank to catch any leaking water and spillage during the voyage.
- Check in at the terminal a minimum of two hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Check with the on-duty Assistant Terminal Manager for details pertaining to the draining of any water collection unit.
We offer transport services for everything from envelopes to large pallets. Find our freight service options and procedures below.
Any freight must be both dropped off and picked up at one of our terminals. We do not pick up or deliver freight outside of our terminals. Motorized vehicles (motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc.) are not accepted as freight, and must be shipped on a trailer. Passengers may ship bicycles in bicycle boxes (not provided by Marine Atlantic) to be weighed and shipped as freight.
If you have any questions, or need more information on transporting freight, please call Marine Atlantic Reservations toll-free at 1-800-341-7981.
- The shipper will be required to provide information on the contents of the package, which will be screened by security, assigned a booking number and placed on board.
- We suggest you arrive with additional tape to re-secure your package in the event it is opened for screening purposes.
- Larger packages must be on a pallet and are subject to inspection by the Traffic Director before being assigned a booking number.
- Marine Atlantic does not provide pallets or packing materials.
Overwide and Overlong Units
Overwide units are considered to be any units measuring 9 feet, 6 inches (2.86 metres) wide or greater. Units over 11 feet can be accommodated but sailing dates and times may be limited. Advance reservations are recommended.
Overlong units are considered to be any units greater than 90 feet (27.43 metres) in length.
To make an overlong or overwide reservation, please call Marine Atlantic Reservations toll-free at au 1-800-341-7981, and we’ll book you on an appropriate crossing.
Overwide and overlong units must be checked in six hours before scheduled departure time.
Livestock are any animals which are not domesticated household pets, including cattle, horse, sheep, swine, goats, mules, poultry, etc. Marine Atlantic considers any passenger-related vehicle, truck, or trailer carrying livestock of any quantity to be a commercial vehicle.
We strongly recommend both passenger and commercial units carrying livestock make an advance reservation , which can be done at no additional charge.
Effective April 1, 2021, all units travelling with animals that include any hay or straw, must travel as dangerous goods. All amounts of hay and straw are regulated under UN 1327, Class 4.1.
Customers without their own documentation should download and complete the dangerous goods declaration form in advance of arrival at our terminals.
- A driver must accompany any unit carrying livestock throughout the journey. They are responsible for the care of the animals and must comply with all applicable regulations.
- Access to potable water can be provided at all our terminals. Please check with terminal staff for further information.
- Special arrangements can be made to allow drivers of livestock units an escorted visit the vehicle deck during the crossing to check on their animals. Please check with a member of our vessel crew once onboard.
- Livestock will not be transported when, at Marine Atlantic’s discretion, there is a possibility that the ship may be delayed in crossing due to weather conditions or other circumstances.
- Livestock are not accepted for transport on the Argentia - North Sydney service.