|Minimum test pressure
|Minimum shell thickness
||5 mm for tanks up to 1.80 m diameter and for larger tanks carrying solids of packing group II or III; 6 mm otherwise.
|Bottom opening provisions
||2 shut-off devices required.
||T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T11, T12, T13, T14, T15, T16, T17, T18, T19, T20, T21, T22
Special packing provisions:
- The degree of filling prescribed in 126.96.36.199.2 shall not be exceeded.
- The maximum degree of filling (in %) for solids transported above their melting points and for elevated temperature liquids shall be determined in accordance with 188.8.131.52.5.
- When transported under heated conditions, the heating device shall be fitted outside the shell. For UN 3176, this provision only applies when the substance reacts dangerously with water.
- A portable tank having a minimum test pressure of 1.5 bar may be used if it is shown that a test pressure of 1.5 bar or less is acceptable according to the test pressure definition in 184.108.40.206.
- The portable tank instruction assigned for this substance applies for granular and powdered solids and for solids which are filled and discharged at temperatures above their melting point and which are cooled and transported as a solid mass. For solids which are transported above their melting point, see 220.127.116.11.
- Fusible elements in the vapour space may be used on portable tanks.
- The 2.5 year internal examination may be waived or substituted by other test methods or inspection procedures specified by the competent authority or its authorized body, provided that the portable tank is dedicated to the transport of the organometallic substances to which this tank special provision is assigned. However this examination is required when the conditions of 18.104.22.168.7 are met.