Special packing provisions:
- The degree of filling prescribed in 184.108.40.206.3 shall not be exceeded.
- The degree of filling shall not exceed 90% or, alternatively, any other value approved by the competent authority (see 220.127.116.11.2).
- Air shall be eliminated from the vapour space by nitrogen or other means.
- Self-contained breathing apparatus shall be provided when this substance is transported, unless no self-contained breathing apparatus, as required by SOLAS regulation II-2/19 (II-2/54), is on board.
- Sulphur trioxide 99.95% pure and above may be transported in tanks without an inhibitor provided that it is maintained at a temperature equal to or above 32.5°C.
- When transported under heated conditions, the heating device shall be fitted outside the shell. For UN 3176, this provision only applies when the substance reacts dangerously with water.
- Portable tank instruction T14 may continue to be applied until 31 December 2014.
Portable tank instruction T14 may continue to be applied until 31 December 2016 except that until that date:
- for UN Nos. 1810, 2474 and 2668, T7 may be applied;
- for UN 2486, T8 may be applied; and
- for UN 1838, T10 may be applied.