|Minimum test pressure
|Minimum shell thickness
||5 mm for tanks up to 1.80 m diameter and for larger tanks carrying solids of packing group II or III; 6 mm otherwise.
|Bottom opening provisions
||3 shut-off devices required.
||T12, T13, T14, T15, T16, T17, T18, T19, T20, T21, T22
Special packing provisions:
- The degree of filling prescribed in 220.127.116.11.2 shall not be exceeded.
- The degree of filling prescribed in 18.104.22.168.3 shall not be exceeded.
- Air shall be eliminated from the vapour space by nitrogen or other means.
- The test pressure for the portable tank may be reduced to 1.5 bar when the flashpoint of the substances transported is greater than 0°C.
- Self-contained breathing apparatus shall be provided when this substance is transported, unless no self-contained breathing apparatus, as required by SOLAS regulation II-2/19 (II-2/54), is on board.
- A portable tank having a minimum test pressure of 4 bar may be used if it is shown that a test pressure of 4 bar or less is acceptable according to the test pressure definition in 22.214.171.124.
- A portable tank having a minimum test pressure of 2.65 bar may be used if it is shown that a test pressure of 2.65 bar or less is acceptable according to the test pressure definition in 126.96.36.199.