The following packagings are authorized, provided that the general provisions of 4.1.1 and 4.1.3 are met:
Outer packagings: (4C1, 4C2, 4D, 4F, 4G, 4H1, 4H2, 1G, 1D, 1H1, 1H2, 3H1 or 3H2)
Inner packagings shall be water-resistant.
Plastics, plywood or fibreboard drums (1H2, 1D or 1G) or boxes (4A, 4B, 4N, 4C1, 4D, 4F, 4C2, 4G and 4H2) with a water-resistant inner bag, plastics film lining or water-resistant coating.
Metal drums (1A1, 1A2, 1B1, 1B2, 1N1 or 1N2), plastics drums (1H1 or 1H2), metal jerricans (3A1, 3A2, 3B1 or 3B2), plastics jerricans (3H1 or 3H2), plastics receptacle in steel or aluminium drums (6HA1 or 6HB1), plastics receptacle in fibre, plastics or plywood drums (6HG1, 6HH1 or 6HD1), plastics receptacle in steel, aluminium, wood, plywood, fibreboard or solid plastics boxes (6HA2, 6HB2, 6HC, 6HD2, 6HG2 or 6HH2).
Special packing provisions:
- UN Nos. 2852, 3364, 3365, 3366, 3367, 3368 and 3369 shall not be transported in quantities of more than 500 g per package.
- UN 1347 shall not be transported in quantities of more than 15 kg per package.
- For UN Nos 1310, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1344, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1517, 2907, 3317, 3344 and 3376, packagings shall be lead-free.
- For UN Nos. 1310, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1336, 1337, 1344, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1354, 1355, 1356, 1357, 1517, 1571, 2555, 2556, 2557, 2852, 3317, 3364, 3365, 3366, 3367, 3368, 3369, 3370 and 3376, packagings shall be hermetically sealed.
- For UN 3474, metal packagings shall not be used. Packagings of other material with a small amount of metal, for example metal closures or other metal fittings such as those mentioned in 6.1.4, are not considered metal packagings.
- UN 3370 shall not be transported in quantities of more than 11.5 kg per package.
- For UN 2907 and UN 3344, packagings shall meet the packing group II performance level. Packagings meeting the test criteria of packing group I shall not be used.