The following IBCs are authorized, provided the general provisions of 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 and special provisions of 4.1.5 are met:
Metal (11A, 11B, 11N, 21A, 21B, 21N, 31A, 31B and 31N);
Flexible (13H2, 13H3, 13H4, 13L2, 13L3, 13L4 and 13M2);
Rigid plastics (11H1, 11H2, 21H1, 21H2, 31H1 and 31H2);
Composite (11HZ1, 11HZ2, 21HZ1, 21HZ2, 31HZ1 and 31HZ2).
Special packing provisions:
- For UN 0222 in IBCs other than metal or rigid plastics IBCs, the IBCs shall be transported in closed cargo transport units.
- For UN 0222, flexible IBCs shall be sift-proof and water resistant or shall be fitted with a sift-proof and water resistant liner.
- For UN 0082, this packing instruction may only be used when the substances are mixtures of ammonium nitrate or other inorganic nitrates with other combustible substances which are not explosive ingredients. Such explosives shall not contain nitroglycerin, similar liquid organic nitrates, or chlorates. Metal IBCs are not authorized.
- For UN 0241, this packing instruction may only be used for substances which consist of water as an essential ingredient and high proportions of ammonium nitrate or other oxidizing substances, some or all of which are in solution. The other constituents may include hydrocarbons or aluminium powder, but shall not include nitroderivatives such as trinitrotoluene. Metal IBCs are not authorized.
- For UN 0222, metal IBCs are not authorized.