Special packing provisions:
- For UN Nos. 1791, 2014, 2984 and 3149, IBCs shall be provided with a device to allow venting during transport.
The inlet to the venting device shall be sited in the vapour space of the IBC under maximum filling conditions during transport.
- The pure form of this substance shall not be transported in IBCs since it is known to have a vapour pressure of more than 110 kPa at 50°C or 130 kPa at 55°C.
- For UN 2031 with more than 55% nitric acid, the permitted use of rigid plastics IBCs and of composite IBCs with a rigid plastics inner receptacle shall be two years from their date of manufacture.
- For UN 3375, IBCs of type 31A and 31N are not allowed without competent authority approval.
- For UN Nos. 1716, 1717, 1736, 1737, 1738, 1742, 1743, 1755, 1764, 1768, 1776, 1778, 1782, 1789, 1790, 1796, 1826, 1830, 1832, 2031, 2308, 2353, 2513, 2584, 2796 and 2817 coming under PG II, IBCs shall be fitted with two shut-off devices.