(2)Proper Shipping Name[3.1.2]
Stowage and Segregation Information
- Clear of living quarters.
- If under deck, stow in a mechanically ventilated space.
- Keep as dry as reasonably practicable.
(16b)Segregation[7.2 - 7.7]
- In addition: from goods of classes 2.1 and 3 when stowed on deck of a containership a minimum distance of two container spaces athwartship shall be maintained, when stowed on ro-ro ships a distance of 6 m athwartship shall be maintained.
- Stow "separated from" acids.
Properties and Observations
Solid. Reacts with acids or decomposes slowly in contact with water or damp air, evolving phosphine, a spontaneously flammable and highly toxic gas. Reacts violently with oxidizing substances. Toxic if swallowed, by skin contact or by inhalation.
Package labels and marks