(2)Proper Shipping Name[3.1.2]
ACETONE CYANOHYDRIN, STABILIZED
Stowage and Segregation Information
- Protected from sources of heat.
- Clear of living quarters.
(16b)Segregation[7.2 - 7.7]
- Stow "separated from" acids.
- Stow "separated from" alkalis.
Properties and Observations
Colourless to amber liquid evolving toxic vapour. Miscible with water. Unstable in contact with acids and alkalis, evolving hydrogen cyanide, a highly toxic and flammable gas. Highly toxic if swallowed, by skin contact or by inhalation.
Package labels and marks
This marine pollutant mark is not required when the single or inner packagings have:
- a net quantity of 5 L or less for liquids; or
- a net mass of 5 kg or less for solids.
For marking and labelling of packages, including IBCs see section 5.2.